Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pupcakes!

Having decided on a "puppy" theme for the girls' 2nd birthday party, I began hunting for ideas for decorations, games, favor bags, etc. Now I had the perfect excuse to wander around craft stores (my favorite way to shop, much to Walt's dismay). Well, my wandering paid off! As I made my way down aisle #42, I came upon this book:



Hello Cupcake! These most precious puppies were indeed just amazingly decorated cupcakes! I flipped through the pages and pages of instructions on how to make these little darlings and decided that I needed to do a little Internet searching (a.k.a. hunting for free instructions so I don't have to buy the book). My search came up with a Family Circle article, instructional video, and step-by-step instructions for these pupcakes:

My lucky day! A little different from the original ones, but still super cute. After reviewing the ingredient list, and polling Kristin and Camryn, I decided to just get the supplies for making the white puppies (meant to resemble West Highland Terriers - I think). After getting all the supplies (thanks for finding the elusive mini M&Ms Janet!), we baked the cupcakes the night before their party, then the morning of the party we got busy decorating. Me, my mom, Kristin and Camryn sat down to test out our puppy making skills.

Kristin checking out a newly made pupcakeIcing on the finger...quick! Mommy to the rescue (since there were no napkins in sight)
All the necessary items: cupcakes, M&Ms, starburst, icing, marshmallows, cupcake holder, and two tiny helpers...oh yeah and don't forget the GIANT Sonic drink. Gotta have caffeine!
Kristin didn't want to get to close. We had just told her not to touch them because we didn't want them to get messed up, well apparently she took us seriously!
Camryn pointing out the tongue
Final product - we got a little crazy on a few of them and the brown ones look like crazy wolf dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment