While we were at
IKEA a while back I picked up these "fusible beads" and several different shapes to put them on. The container says it is for children 4 and up, but not to be
deterred by silly warning labels, I decided that this would be a fun activity. To help keep the pieces from getting all over the place, I gave the girls each a plate with raised edges. They got to pick which shape they wanted to decorate - Kristin picked a heart and
Camryn picked a large rectangle. Walt and I quickly realized that this was more of a parent project, than a toddler project. Those tiny pieces are hard to hang onto, much less get them on the little shape. The girls helped pick out the colors, but Walt and I ended up putting them together. After ironing the beads until they melted, we added a magnet to the back so they could be proudly displayed on the refrigerator. Kristin and
Camryn were SO proud of their tiny creations...even if they mostly just watched the creation.
"Klappar Plocka" - Swedish for torturously tiny beads
The heart shape with a few piece on

Kristin left, Camryn right - so proud of their multi-colored hearts

Kristin with her heart

Kristin blowing on the heart - after ironing it was HOT

Camryn chewing on her heart
No comments:
Post a Comment