Monday, February 7, 2011

Dinner Conversation

Here is the gist of my conversation with the girls over dinner tonight:

Me: Kristin, you are a silly bird.

Kristin: Nooooo mommy, I no have wings!  I no silly bird.

Me: Oh, are you a silly frog?

Kristin:  Nooooo, I no hop!

Me:  Are you a silly puppy?

Kristin: Nooooo, I no have 4 feet, I have 2 feet!  Puppies have 4 legs.

Me: Camryn, are you a silly turtle?

Camryn: Noooooo, I have 5 toes, turtles only have 4 toes!

Me: What??  Turtles only have 4 toes??  Where did you learn that?  Kristin, did you know turtles only have 4 toes?

Kristin: No, mommy.  Camryn knows that.  Me not know that.

Such little sponges!  Picking up all kinds of random stuff.  I just googled "How many toes does a turtle have?" and it says that some have 3 and some have 4 toes.  How does my 3 year old know more than me?

1 comment: