Tonight while I was getting the girls ready for bed, I was reminded of this incident from about a month ago:
We had gone to dinner (probably at Chili's) with the girls and I had ordered chicken strips. Well, the girls love to dip things, so I let Kristin borrow my gravy ramekin so she could dip her french fries. She continued to dip her french fries a few times, then she put her finger in the gravy. Great...she is going to start finger painting on the table. Oh well, it could be worse. So I keep eating, just watching her out of the corner of my eye. Well, she puts her finger in the gravy again, then wipes her finger on her leg. I tell her not to do that again, then I keep eating. She then proceeds to do it again! Big surprise, I know. So I pull her highchair out from under the table so I can survey the damage and what I see makes me burst out laughing.
She had shorts on, and she had indeed been wiping the gravy on her leg. The funny part connects back to our bedtime routine. While I put lotion on the girls, they "help" by dipping their finger in the lotion and wiping in on their legs. Well Kristin made the connection that the gravy looked just like a little bowl of lotion and decided she needed a little moisturizing.
Every day my sweet tiny babies amaze me more and more. They amount of information that they understand is unbelievable. Today I told Kristin to "turn around and set her cup on the window sill". So what does she do? Turns around and sets her cup on the window sill. How does she know what a window sill is? We don't even practice turning around, and yet she could follow each part of the directions after only being told one time. Remarkable. My babies are growing up.
Surfing Sunday 5.02
5 years ago



I am thinking they are too smart for thier own good! :)
ReplyDelete